How To Buy Cheap Garden Rooms and Log Cabins – First the Commom Way
Its important to understand why we began with that opening headline. Because we all know what happens if you buy something that is cheap – it lasts no time!!
When buying a log cabin, you want to invest in a building that is going to stand up to all the Scottish weather that it will have to endure all year round.
Buying a Cheap Garden Room Log Cabin – What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
We take great pride as timber frame builders building garden room log cabins, its important to read this. Because, without thinking it through and not stopping by to chat to us, here is what might happen. You choose a standard cabin from a brochure – most cabin suppliers and manufacturers have a range of “standard cabins” in a few “standard sizes” and in 1 log thickness with windows and doors – you may be able to buy additional windows and doors to add them where you really wanted them. You lay it on a foundation and start to erect it and the rain comes on, and it might go all down hill from there. Next sunny day log cabin built job done. Moving on having enjoyed your log cabin for a couple of years, it seems it is sinking, or you notice the base of the log cabin is rotting away.
Looks like you might have to build another log cabin??
How To Buy Luxury Affordable Garden Rooms and Log Cabins – The Effortless Log Cabins Scotland Way
So, let Log Cabins Scotland take you back to buying a log cabin and seeing you at the review step. You are now looking to ensure you buy a log cabin based on quality, reliability and it having professional workmanship behind the preparation of the foundations, it being properly constructed and it standing the test of time. Plus it looks like a luxury log cabin and its yours, because the design is bespoke from your ideas. Here is a wee list of what you need to think about:
Buying a log cabin that will last?
Buying a log cabin that will be sitting on proper foundations
Buying a log cabin that is fully insulated
Buying a log cabin with properly finished joints
Buying a log cabin with beautifully fitted doors and windows
Buying a log cabin with heating, lighting and power
So, you decide what you would like to have and then talk to us about how much you want to spend. A deal is then struck and we begin preparing to supply and install your dream garden shed or summer house. The plan is to then get down to building your vision, with minimum delay by making sure we pay attention to the following :
- Choose the size and layout suitable for your space and needs
- Pick a log thickness – depending on intended use – 28mm is ok for a summer occasional use type or simple storage shed and single glazed, where for all year round use we advise a 45mm log as a minimum thickness with 58mm, 70,, or even 94mm log with double glazed windows and doors as standard
- Glazing – house type double glazing as standard in 58 and 70mm log,
- living house type windows and doors in 94mm log, triple glazing also avaliable in 58mm log and upwards, laminated safety glass, toughened safety glass available for low glazed windows and doors, roof lights / skylights from Fenstro, Fakro and Velux are available in any style and size
- Decide the style you like, i.e. gable entry, side entry or corner entry
- Choose whether you want an overhang to the roof in any direction, front back or sides
- Plan your ultimate window and door configuration and sizes you would like
- Think about any other requirements – such as storage mezzanines above, internal rooms
- Roof covering, with us you also have a choice of roof coverings from top quality felt shingles to Metrotile roofing systems with 40yr guarantee
- Factory painted windows and doors, Lcs also offer pre-painted windows and doors in a choice of RAL colours
- Our fitting service includes, base work and foundations in various forms, insulation to roofs and floors – or walls if required, electrics roughed out and all cabling hidden in the walls with sockets and switches recessed for flush fitting, gutter kits supplied and fitted
- Paint finish service, we supply Remmers paint systems, we sand the cabin, we fill any blemishes and knot holes, we apply 2 coats of “end grain sealer to ear. ends” we prime the cabin with 2 heavy coats, then another 2 coats of topcoat of the colour of your choice is spray applied by high pressure airless sprayer,
- Internal finish – we like to see the timber, some people leave it natural which is fine, some want clear satin varnish finish, and some clients want a paint and clinical, hospital like finish, all are achievable
- Send us a simple floorplan showing your desired cabin (with sizes please in metric) and indicate where you would like windows and doors and style – solid door, 1/2 glass, 3/4 glass or full glass and rough window sizes – and we can give you a price for your ultimate cabin – not a compromise
How The Story Ends after Buying a Log Cabin from Log Cabins Scotland
So, you got this far and you decided to have Log Cabins Scotland build you a quality log cabin that is affordable and built to last. What happens now?
JUST TAKE A LOOK……