How to Buy a Log Cabin
The common way
You choose a standard cabin from a brochure – most cabin suppliers and manufacturers have a range of "standard cabins" in a few "standard sizes" and in 1 log thickness with windows and doors as shown – you may be able to buy additional windows and doors to add them where you really wanted them.
Or the Log Cabins Scotland way
- size and layout suitable for your space and needs,
- log thickness – depending on intended use – 28mm is ok for a summer occasional use type or simple storage shed and single glazed, where for all year round use we advise a 45mm log as a minimum thickness with 58mm, 70,, or even 94mm log with double glazed windows and doors as standard
- decide the style you like, i.e. gable entry, side entry or corner entry,
- choose whether you want an overhang to the roof in any direction,
Front back or sides,
- plan your ultimate window and door configuration and sizes you would like,
- any other requirements – such as storage mezzanines above, internal rooms,
- with us you also have a choice of roof coverings from top quality felt shingles to Metrotile roofing systems with 40yr guarantee,
- we also offer pre-painted windows and doors in a choice of colours
- our fitting service includes, base work and foundations in various forms,
Insulation to roofs and floors – or walls if required, electrics roughed out and all cabling hidden in the walls with sockets and switches recessed for flush fitting,
gutter kits supplied and fitted,
- Sikkens stains and paints supplied and in some cases we also spray the cabins prior to fitting windows and doors (weather, site and distance permitting) Troll elasticated varnishes for floors and walls
- provide us with a simple floorplan showing your desired cabin (with sizes please) and indicate where you would like windows and doors and style – solid door, ½ glass.3/4 glass/ full glass and rough window sizes - and we can give you a price for your ultimate cabin – not a compromise
Browse Our Products...
We do have a show site, viewing by appointment please. Visit Us.